This grant is not available to those students who are in the 4-year PhD funding scheme from 22/23 AY.
Application deadline: November 10, 2023 (Friday) for awards to be used in Academic Year 2023/2024.
The CEU Scholarships Committee has reserved a small sum of money from its general pool of travel funds for enrolled students who wish to attend a Winter School whose courses are (a) demonstrably necessary for the student's doctoral research at this stage of her/his research and (b) not offered at a CEU Department. The Committee invites applicants from post-comprehensive CEU doctoral students.
Application materials required are outlined in the Winter School Grant Application Form. The Committee would like to emphasize that each application must include (a) a letter from the applicant's supervisor confirming that the courses offered in the Winter School are necessary for furthering the applicant's work at this stage of her/his research and (b) a letter from either the Head or Doctoral Program Director confirming that such courses are not currently offered in the applicant's Department.
Due to financial constraints, the Scholarships Committee may fund only a part of the total requested by the applicant, regardless of the quality of the application. Students may apply up to 1,500 EUR.
Applications must include:
1. A completed application form signed by the supervisor
2. Information about the Winter School (flyer or call for application, including information about fees, if applicable).
3. Acceptance letter from the Winter School. Please note: If the official acceptance/invitation letter from the host university will be arriving later then the deadline, please inform Ildiko Torok in the Financial Aid Office. This will be noted on the application which can still be submitted by the deadline. The application will be reviewed, but the letter is required and the decision will be conditional until received.
4. A statement of purpose or motivation letter or cover letter – submit a max. one-page summary of how attending the school will benefit your research.
5. A letter from your supervisor supporting your application and clarifying that it will benefit your research and that the courses you will attend are either not offered at CEU, or that they enhance existing courses offered.
6. A letter from either the Head or Doctoral Program Director confirming that such courses are not currently offered in the applicant's Department.
7. CEU Transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable). You may download the unofficial transcript of records via the SITS e:Vision Portal.
8. Information about fees for travel, housing, food, etc. (All items listed on the budget form). Please attach supporting documents showing where the price(s) were found.
9. Receipts should be kept for all costs listed on the budget form in the application for review. (All receipts/invoices, etc., should be in the name of the student only).
10. Upon return, the student is required to submit proof of attendance and/or a certificate of completion of course(s). This must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
11. Students may only receive a Winter School grant once during their studies.
Applications must be submitted via the online application form to Ildiko Torok - Financial Aid Coordinator in the Financial Aid Office by no later than November 10, 2023 (Friday).
Should you have any questions, please contact her directly at email@example.com.